Once an application is submitted, it must be evaluated and qualified before it can be processed and sent off for payment (if approved). Please note that we receive hundreds of applications a day. Applications are processed in the order they are received. This process can vary from applicant to applicant depending on the situation.
Applicants can check the status of their application by logging into the application portal. To log back into your CCP portal, use the same username (the email address you used to apply) and password you created when applying. If you forgot your password, please follow instructions on the application portal to reset it.
What you can do:
1. Let your landlord and/or property manager know you applied for assistance with CCP and make sure to provide a current email address for your landlord on your application. Landlords will not be able to see if a tenant has applied until both the landlord and tenant have set up an account, and both accounts are linked to each other.
2. Make partial good faith payments if you can.
3. Show up (and call Legal Aid) if you get served with an Eviction Summons that has a court date and time. You will most likely be evicted if you do NOT show up at court.
4. Call 211 if you need help.
Here are a few steps you can take after you’ve submitted your application that will help CCP process your application:
1. Make sure that you gave us accurate contact information for your landlord, including phone number and email.
2. When you receive an email CCP stating that you qualify for assistance, make sure to forward the email to your landlord to let them know you will be working with CCP to pay your rent.
3. Be sure to give your landlord permission to release your lease and ledger to us when we reach out.